PrTr: 02 Little Suzie PrTr: 02 Little Suzie

Love the title!

I especially like the hits starting around 1:07 - they have a really sharp impact and great sound. I also like the ending - it's a great complement to the schizophrenic nature of the second half of the track. You always keep the tension building and the track is always going somewhere, setting up the next section.

Throw in a few gratuitous IV - I cadences and you've got instant Zimmer!

Great stuff,

EvilRaccoon responds:

Thanks PGegen! Thanks for listening, its been a while since I heard something from you. Hope you havent done a runner!

_-={An Angel Dies}=-_ _-={An Angel Dies}=-_

Wow...

This piece has a great sense of drama and tranquility, and the production is superb, as always. I can see this accompanying a very emotional scene in a game, like the death of a peripheral character or a lobby screen.

The chords you used are epic!

MaestroRage responds:

I was just thinking to myself. Wouldn't a shorter version of this song work REALLY good for a lobby screen for an online game? Perhaps one about cards?!!?!?

Great minds PGegen... great minds.

'09 Freedom Fighters Danc '09 Freedom Fighters Danc

Great remix of a great song!

I like how the orchestral elements fade in and out- the original song had an ehtereal quality that I think you've captured here. The orchestral sounds are great and th combination of pads and choir sets just the right tone.

Great work!

EvilRaccoon responds:

Thanks PGegen! =D

You iz ma her0. ;-)

Techno Hurricane Techno Hurricane

Good start

I'm not really a techno expert but I think you have the basics down. I would look into using more pad-type synths in order to fill out the sound of the track. I think the sound would also be enhanced by having some more subtle percussion in addition to the drums you already have.

Overall though, I think you have the basic skills needed to create good tracks!

Dragostea din Tei Metalic V3 Dragostea din Tei Metalic V3

Pwnage

I think you captured the tone of the song well, and I like how you changed the instrument playing the lead to avoid the song getting too boring.

I think the song could be shorter, though, and that you could cut out a fair bit of repetitive material without losing too much. I would also look into finding a bigger rhythm guitar sound to achieve more of a metal tone.

Overall, though, I like the song!

Treviabot92-Virstein responds:

Glad you liked it! Thanks, man!

-+[Freefall]+- -+[Freefall]+-

Great work

I think the first section of the song did a great job of creating a dream-like state of suspension - I especially like the wind effect that comes up in the mix around 0:24. I think the harp fits with the mood and ambiance as well.

The reverb softens the piano part but I think that either using a warmer piano sound or a different instrument with a less percussive attack like the harp in the first part might make this piece more effective.

Overall though, great work!

MaestroRage responds:

Thank you very much. I chose that murky water to represent the warm water in the dream. =) All the instruments have their purpose in this song. Very important! Thanks for listening!

With love,
Mandi <3

Solus- Ninth Garden Solus- Ninth Garden

Good stuff

This piece overall does create a peaceful atmosphere, as the other reviewers mentioned. I find that the sudden key changes keep the listener on his toes, not allowing him or her to become complacent. The ending seems to create a sense of suspension (like the other shoe is about to drop) very much as the key changes do.

There's a certain complexity about this piece - the choice of instrument and much of the harmonic content suggest a relaxing, consonant atmosphere, yet the modulations and the ending create a sense of suspense and unpredictability.

Overall, great work!

SolusLunes responds:

Ah, it's a delightful feeling when someone else gets the blend I worked so hard to put in there- all of the instruments and chords are there to give a serene, peaceful feeling, but if you dig just that little bit deeper, you can hear the suspense, the bit of dissonance, the tiniest seed of chaos.

I'm glad you liked it too! :D

{B.A.B.} Raining Blossoms {B.A.B.} Raining Blossoms

Good melody

Making stuff without being able to save it is pretty hardcore. I like how you articulated your chord changes contrapuntally, rather than using block chords. The complex interweaving of the parts belies the simple and pastoral nature of the subject matter, creating a good contrast I think.

Overall, great job!

blackattackbitch responds:

Contrapuntally? Wow, I didn't even realize that was what I was doing hahaha XD

And hey, when you're too poor to afford your stuff, you gotta do what you gotta do....

Thanks for the review and the compliment!

[\Dreams/] [\Dreams/]

very detailed...

Blackattackbitch wrote a pretty thorough review. I noticed around 7:08 during the exposed brass part you can hear the players breathing between notes. Either this is live, or you samples are extraordinary.

paradoxphenomena responds:

Yes, this piece was done in a studio though a 7 is hardly justified in your somewhat abrupt, mistaken comment.

-Goodnight Whispers- -Goodnight Whispers-

Nice work!

I like how the structure of the song really implies a sense of circularity - the arrangement builds up then recaps the more minimal melody, and rather than ending the song you fade out. I think this lends a sense of suspension a bit like a child might feel as a lullaby is sung to him and he falls asleep.

Overall, great job! Good luck with the MAC.

shadow6nothing9 responds: